Searching for an unbiased review about MyOnlineStartup! Sure! This article will be my personal thoughts and opinion and not intended to focus on selling things.
- The Truth about Making Money Online
- Generating Sales Not Easy! But MyOnlineStartup is Something Different!
- Super-affiliates & Email Lists – Why MyOnlineStartup is So Important!
- I Finally Understood the Truth About Affiliate Marketing – Thanks to My Online Startup!
- Another Way to Make Money Online
- Build a List With Your Own Information Product
- The Best Lead Magnet You Can Provide
- Different Ways to Benefit from MyOnlineStartup
- A: You can use MyOnlineStartup community as a free ‘make money online’ training course:
- B: Sell on MyOnlineStartup training as a paid partner:
- C. Build List For Your Own Products/Affiliate Programs
- Concluding My Review of MyOnlineStartup
For anyone wanting to learn affiliate marketing, MyOnlineStartup is ideal. Well, I would say that wouldn’t I? I’m promoting it – haha.
(Key note: This is a QUEST post from Joy Healey).
BUT – wait…. Rather than believing what I say about MyOnlineStartup, I want you to check it out for yourself. So that you can do just that, I’m giving you 100% My Online Startup free lifetime access here.
Yes – register for the affiliate training at MyOnlineStartup and take as long as you like to evaluate the training inside it. If you don’t like some of the truths you will learn inside it, perhaps try some of the ‘Get rich quick’ and ‘Make Money Online’ schemes you’ll easily find out there.
If you make money with them – wonderful. Not sure, your free membership will still be available for you to come back to and learn how to do affiliate marketing correctly.
Let’s just digress for a few minutes, please, while I reveal to you….
The Truth about Making Money Online
I’ll be straight here! I was stubborn and too proud to listen to the voices of experience. Thought I could easily learn to make money online. Because I had a 20+ year background in computer programming (which I still do to this day).
I have been ‘online’ in various forms for several years. But online marketing is a completely different set of skills – plural!
So it took me a long time to admit this, but learning to do affiliate marketing isn’t as anywhere near easy as ‘they’ tell you. Who is ‘they’?
Well, it’s the super-rich affiliate marketers who ARE making lots of money online, because they’re doing it correctly. You’ll soon understand why they promote the ‘easy’ myth.
After a lot of research and painful trial and error, I got to the bottom of what they are doing (despite having been told before and refusing to believe it). How naïve was I?
Now that Internet Marketing has grown into such a big industry, it really is a complete myth that a newbie can suddenly start a legitimate online business without spending ANY money.
Generating Sales Not Easy! But MyOnlineStartup is Something Different!
Yes of course, you can get free leads and traffic from traffic exchanges, mailers and Facebook. But wow, does that take some time and luck to get even a single sale! I tried it for years, and keep coming back to it for another try ‘just in case’.
While I have had isolated successes from Facebook marketing. Not everybody can have great success because you’re largely swimming with more experienced marketers who have far more skills than you – and bigger budgets.
In my case, they also have far more time than I have. I’m a part-time blogger and Internet Marketer, juggling affiliate marketing against the offline work that pays my bills day to day.
The purpose of Internet Marketing for me is to provide an income stream to supplement the ‘retirement income planning’ I forgot to do, and it’s too late to follow the conventional route now.
But… Back to…
How Do Super-Affiliate Marketers Make Their Money?
Simple. They are mailing HUGE lists of ‘Proven Buyers’. These are people who have already proven that they’re not afraid to ‘buy an information product, and invest in their businesses.
How many times have you heard that ‘The Money Is In The List’? How many times have you ignored it? And How big is your own list?
So how have the Super-Affiliates built these huge lists – in the tens and hundreds of thousands?
In case you think I’m deluded, I’ve seen the screen shots from inside their auto-responders to prove their list sizes. I was just stunned at how many subscribers – Proven Buyers – the super-affiliates are mailing daily! No wonder they’re making money online.
Super-affiliates & Email Lists – Why MyOnlineStartup is So Important!
They have invested thousands of dollars into paid advertising campaigns and bought paid traffic. One highly successful marketer whose training I’m following shared some stats with a group of us – he’d invested a five figure sum into one advertising campaign and made ZERO sales.
He shrugged it off and said ‘These things happen when you’re testing a marketing campaign’. Now I don’t know about you, but I can’t afford that sort of ‘test’.
YOU have probably built their ‘Buyers lists’ – without being aware of it. WHAT, I hear you say? Have you ever sold (say) a ten dollar product that gave you 100% commission and you were so thrilled that you didn’t notice that you didn’t get the contact details of the buyer, so that you can follow-up with them and hopefully make more sales to a ‘Proven Buyer’?
Those contact details went onto the ‘Proven Buyers’ list of the affiliate who sold it to you and he’ll be mailing that list like crazy because they have understood that ‘Make Money Online Free’ is a myth.
With luck you will get 50% of any upsells on that initial sale, and the other 50% will be a further income for the marketer to whom you have just delivered a ‘Proven Buyer’ (whose name you don’t know).
I Finally Understood the Truth About Affiliate Marketing – Thanks to My Online Startup!
It is obvious with hindsight what was going on, but it took me a long time to truly understand the mechanics of affiliate marketing.
“Let the little guys work to find someone who will buy a cheap product. And keep them encouraged by a $10 commission, add that ‘Proven Buyer’ to your own ‘Buyers List’ and market the hell out of it. While the little guy struggles to find his next $10 commission – because he doesn’t know who the buyer was!”
Having realised how super-affiliate marketers make their money, I don’t resent them. They’ve put in thousands of hours and thousands of dollars to learn their profession.
But the “dawning of light” just strengthened my determination to find a smarter business model than the ‘Give away your buyers’ I’d been doing up to then.
I am building my own list – and so should you.
Another Way to Make Money Online
It follows from the above truth that another way to get buyers on your ‘List’ is to develop your own digital product and sell it.
This can happen via an army of affiliate marketers that you can approach, offering them 100% commission on the front-end product and 50% on up-sells and down-sells.
That way you, helped by that army of affiliates, have built YOUR Buyers List and can market to them again and again.
You see, I tried to do this in a very early ‘make money online’ venture, before I really knew what superb quality affiliate products were available to compete with the pitiful attempt I produced.
It was on a topic I had studied on a 3 year college course. So I really knew my stuff. It wasn’t the content of the product that was at fault – I spent hundreds of hours researching and creating it.
The fault was in the presentation and marketing. Because I didn’t understand the need for an army of affiliates to promote it for me.
Also it was badly targeted – far too wide a market-place. Since then I have seen affiliates make large sums of money selling digital information products (and add-ons) covering such obscure topics that I was stunned.
Someone ‘sold me’ on the ridiculous (having tried to do it) idea that I could develop and market my information product working 10 hours a week for 6 weeks.
Having worked MANY more hours than the promised 60, I ditched my product, far from covering my costs, abandoned any thoughts of ever producing my own product again – which will bring me back (rather belatedly) to MyOnlineStartup.
I won’t spend long writing about how to create your own information product – partly because I botched my own (three!) attempts so badly.
But if anyone feels they have an information product they’d like to produce, and can afford the time and money to do the job properly, I can 100% recommend the guy whose training I wish I had followed. Register for his eye-opening webinar here.
The book is good, but it’s the webinar you really need to ‘attend’. When I produced my own product I had no awareness of this training.
If only I had let him teach me the truth about affiliate marketing before launching out innocently, hoping that 60 hours would do the trick!
Build a List With Your Own Information Product
I hope the above has convinced you exactly why you need to build your own list – either by buying traffic or by producing your own information product.
But…. I hear you (and me!) wail…. I haven’t got an information product.
Well, one answer is ‘Find some PLR (Private Label Rights)’, tart it up a bit, and hey presto, you have your own product.
As a funny aside, at a marketing conference a few years ago, I was super-impressed by one lady speaker and tempted to buy her high ticket coaching program and training.
She proudly announced that was exactly how she’d created it – by Googling a few keywords, copy-pasting. And then tarting it up and marketing it properly. I put my credit card away.
As I found to my cost, the key phrase in selling any product is ‘marketing it properly’:
- Split tested squeeze pages to connect semi-interested visitors to your auto-responder list
- Follow-up marketing emails to convert those who didn’t buy on their first visit
- A well-written sales page
- An attractive website connected to a service taking world-wide payments
- Probably some bonus products / offers
- Up-sell and down-sell offers
- Support staff to handle problems – yes even digital deliveries and payments can ‘mess up’
My head hurts knowing now what I didn’t know then. No wonder I failed so badly up first time round
Oh and you’ll need….
The Best Lead Magnet You Can Provide
Because that’s the key to attracting potential visitors to your mailing list in the first place.
I’m sure you’ll have seen Lead Magnets – a free product that appeals to a potential buyer. It’s designed to tempt them into giving you (as a list-builder) their email address in exchange for the ‘Lead Magnet’.
They are also giving you permission to market to them afterwards in case they didn’t buy your product first time.
Studies show that the average buyer takes 7 exposures to your product, possibly addressing different ‘angles’, before they will buy it.
Once upon an Internet Marketing fairy tale, you COULD get away with copy-pasting together a few pages of PLR, cleaning up the spelling and grammar, and it was all done and dusted.
Lead Magnet Tip:
First impressions are vital. Nothing screams ‘un-professional’ more loudly than a badly presented lead magnet.
If that’s what your lead magnet is like, what will your product be like?
But in 2020 I have noticed that the PLR lead magnet just doesn’t cut it any more.
If people can be bothered to sign up for an eBook at all (do they even read them?) they’re as likely to unsubscribe right away. I bet we’ve all got piles of digital dust stored away forgotten.
What is needed is a Lead Magnet that gives true value, beyond what I could personally create, and inbuilt retention.
Which brings me back to MyOnlineStartup. Sorry for the circuitous route. But I wanted to set in context exactly why I feel this is such a valuable program.
First, I’ll admit to …
A Few Niggles About My Online Startup
- I have to confess, I find it a little irritating when the coach tells us to turn off all distractions, emails and mobile phones. Yet notifications keep appearing on the screen about people who’ve just made a commission.
- No doubt when more of them are mine I’ll be more forgiving. (I made my first sale within 36hrs. Although not the most money I have made online. It’s certainly the fastest. I just mailed the offer to my own list.)
- As of June 2020 the course is maybe 95% complete. So one or two gaps, but work is continuing.
- For personal preference I would have spread out the extensive section on Mind-set. Important though it is, I fear students may get bogged down by it. Instead of getting onto the very meaty practical training.
- Those are minor points compared to the excellent support team. The online Facebook community and the sheer flexibility of the ways I have realised MyOnlineStartup can be used within my, and your, online businesses.
Different Ways to Benefit from MyOnlineStartup
A: You can use MyOnlineStartup community as a free ‘make money online’ training course:
- Subscribers to my ‘list’ are at vastly different levels as Internet Marketers and List Builders. I would truly love to give them individual attention and pass on to them the hard-won experience from my years online.
- But, as a part-time blogger, how on earth can I do that? Answer: I can give them free access to the MyOnlineStartup Affiliate training program. This is one-to-many teaching, with all levels covered.
- I have still more to learn as an Affiliate Marketer. So I am following the training myself! It shows where I went wrong, and what I could have done better.
- So newcomers to Internet Marketing who apply the training will have a better experience online than I ever had and hopefully make a profit faster.
- The training within the course is 100% free. So when I give it away, students can take as long as they like to evaluate it. If they choose to reject the training that’s their choice. I don’t need to feel guilty that I sold them a course they didn’t benefit from.
- But if they apply what they learn, they can learn how to make a good income, part-time or full-time, promoting affiliate products in any niche. The training doesn’t just apply to the ‘Make Money Online’ market place.
- Reference is made to other popular and profitable niches…. Diet, fitness… or you can apply it to your own chosen area of interest.
B: Sell on MyOnlineStartup training as a paid partner:
There is no pressure whatsoever to upgrade as a paid Partner in My Online Startup. But here’s why I did so, and what I felt were the benefits of upgrading:
- My main affiliate business is fascinating to me, but sadly ‘not for everyone’. So I had nothing to offer those who were uninterested. No point rattling on about the same business with every email broadcast.
- That would rapidly lose the interest of the subscribers so expensively acquired. In contrast, I genuinely believe that the free training in MyOnlineStartup is 100% valuable to everyone. If you were looking to run a part-time business online or a full-time business, this could be it.
- So now I have an alternative offer for them. By retaining their interest in my newsletters. This is because I have given them good, free value from MyOnlineStartup, they may trust me enough to look more closely at my main business.
- So MyOnlineStartup is my new and most valuable lead magnet. The best lead magnet I have ever been able to offer, and it didn’t cost me an arm and a leg to upgrade.
- After paying an affordable one-off cost, with no monthly subscription. I can give away as many copies as I wish. At the time of writing (June 2020) the price to upgrade is $197 plus your local tax. You see, no legitimate business can avoid the taxman!
- There’s a higher level I can upgrade to if I wish, making this a high-ticket affiliate product. But no silly threats about being ‘a wuss’ if I don’t go ‘all in’. So I’m taking this at my own steady pace.
- I am an upgraded Partner at the basic level. If one of my free students chooses to purchase certain of the recommended products within the course, I will earn a commission.
- (If you already have a particular tool, no need to re-purchase, just use your existing account.) Depending on the product, that commission may be one-off or monthly.
- Growing in time to that elusive recurring multiple streams of passive income. Work I do today can pay me for months to come – whether I am a free or paid member of the recommended products.
- Although the basic training is free to subscribers. It explains time and again, that it’s a nonsense to think you can start an online business without putting at least some cash on the table.
- If I can get that message out to anyone, without it costing them money, then I have spread some honesty and truth in my own little corner of the Internet.
C. Build List For Your Own Products/Affiliate Programs
The Wealthy Affiliate program is one of the recommended resources. It’s a suite of website building tools and helpful community. This gets me over the sticky task of explaining “Well you really need a website but I’m too busy to set one up for you, or teach you how to do it.”
Some affiliates have been WA members for over 4+ years – they must be getting value. Which makes MyOnlineStartup a perfect lead magnet for Wealthy affiliate members too.
The best MyOnlineStartup service of all, from my point of view, was that as a free “done-for-you” service to upgraded partners.
You see they will create a squeeze page and a full 164 long follow-up series of emails educating subscribers about online marketing, and including affiliate offers branded to me.
Wow! (I just hate creating squeeze pages and am rubbish at writing follow-up emails.) Another marketer wondered how engaged subscribers would be.
But so far I’m getting better open rates than on my own messages to my other lists.
164 email follow-ups means that subscribers who aren’t immediately convinced by the training have time to go off, pursue Shiny Objects, decide they don’t work – and come back to MyOnlineStartup.
Last but not least, finally, when people ask me what I’m promoting on-line, instead of mumbling and trying to change the subject.
Now I can proudly say “I’m giving away training to help people to work from home, starting their own online business”.
Concluding My Review of MyOnlineStartup
OK, maybe I’ve come across a bit too enthusiastic?
So, I throw the invitation open to you, dear reader, to check this free affiliate marketing training course out for yourself.
It won’t cost you a cent to subscribe and make up your own mind if I am over-enthusiastic, or if you too can see how this is:
- The best free affiliate marketing training you can take AND / OR
- The best lead magnet you can give away to your subscribers
You can register for a free trial of MyOnlineStartup here.